1/22/10

Neutral Nancy

As I may have mentioned before, I'm very partial to anything black.  Or gray.  Sometimes even white!  But I think I lean more towards these particular colors because I tend to be quite pale, with some freckles scattered about, so most shades of pink, peach, or tan can make me look washed out and pretty horrifying.  However, I am kinda feelin this new neutral trend.  So without further ado, here are some of my favorite items floating around the net that I might could pull off....if I wasn't broke.  That'll be the day..










I am LIVING for these!!!!  come onnnnn paycheck!

















ok, so I love a Ritz cracker.  and this reminds me of my grandpa Ed, because he REALLY loved them :)




I used to have a skirt similar to this about 4 years ago while living in NY, and now it is massive.  so I will require this one to replace it.  thank you.









 this jacket is BRILLIANT and if I wouldn't get made fun of my all of my friends for wearing it around atl, it would totally be mine ;)   god it is FIERCE!




almost clogs but not quite, awesome!




 I know they have their issues, but I am such a fan of white dress pants.  love love love it.  so classic.





I can rarely carry a bag this small, but this one I would force myself to make work.  too cute, and it reminds me a little of my fancy Grandma Kitty.  she was Italian, and probaby the classiest lady I've ever met.






I have a slight obsession with boots, at any time of the year.  this is also the closest I would probably get to wearing something that resembles an oxford...I mean look at the toe and the laces.  good enough for me!




perfect in every way, it's just too bad it's sold out and overpriced.
 









ok, not so neutral, but very festive nonetheless.  I've always loved a red bag, but have a hard time finding one that doesn't look cheap and doesn't cost a grand.  I will be requiring this in order to spice up my new drab wardrobe.  just sayin.  (I take donations)
 





Ok!  So today is Friday, and I have to start thinking about what I'm going to wear out tonight.  The Soulphonics (ft a very good friend Kevin Scott) will be playing downstairs at our little neighborhood pub Elliott Street, and I do love to make a cameo to these little events.  Emil and I have actually gotten quite well at it.  Show up fashionably late, stay around just long enough for a song or two (and to at least wave at everyone), then slide on out while my makeup is still fresh.  love it! 

So I wish everyone a good weekend, and I'll be back real soon, hopefully with some festive outfit choices from the weekend.  :)

xo
adrienne


No comments: